Glutathione IV Therapy: Procedure & Benefits
In this article, we would like to provide you with an educational overview of glutathione and its use as an infusion therapy / IV therapy. Whether you are already familiar with this topic or are discovering it for the first time, we hope to provide you with valuable information.
Table of contents
What is glutathione?
Glutathione is an endogenous molecule that is found in almost all cells of our body. It consists of the amino acids L-glutamine, L-cysteine and glycine.
This vital tripeptide plays a crucial role in detoxification and protecting our cells from oxidative stress. It helps neutralize free radicals and thus protect our cells from damage.
The importance of glutathione
Glutathione is essential for many bodily functions. It supports the immune system and helps maintain a healthy antioxidant balance. A balanced antioxidant system is important to protect the body from harmful environmental influences and oxidative stress.
Glutathione IV Therapy
Glutathione infusion therapy is a medical treatment in which glutathione is administered directly into the vein. This allows the molecule to be quickly and efficiently absorbed into the body. The IV therapy is usually carried out by specially trained professionals in our medical facility.
Glutathione IV Therapy – Fields of application
- Immune system support: Glutathione can strengthen the immune system and improve the body’s defenses against infections.
- Detoxification: The infusion can help detoxify the body from harmful substances and environmental toxins (xenobiotics) such as heavy metals and other toxins.
- Liver diseases: Glutathione can be used as a supportive measure in certain liver diseases.
- Skin whitening: In some cases, glutathione infusion is also used to support even skin tone, although its effectiveness in this regard needs further research.
- Anti-aging: As a powerful antioxidant, glutathione can help slow the aging process.
Glutathione IV Therapy – Procedure
The glutathione infusion procedure is usually simple and straightforward. First, we will review your medical history during a medical consultation and perform a thorough examination to ensure that the IV therapy is appropriate for you.
During the infusion you will be able to relax in a pleasant environment. The duration of the infusion may vary depending on dosage and tolerability. In most cases, a session lasts between 30 and 60 minutes.
Possible side effects
Glutathione IV Therapy is usually well tolerated. Nevertheless, in rare cases, mild side effects such as nausea, headache or dizziness may occur.
If you notice any unusual symptoms during or after the infusion, please inform the medical staff immediately.
Glutathione is a fascinating molecule with important functions for our body. Glutathione IV Therapy can be a useful therapeutic option in certain cases to support the immune system, detoxify the body and reduce oxidative stress. It is also a good complement to a heavy metal detoxification or heavy metal heavy metal detoxification with chelates (DMPS, EDTA, DTPA, etc.) (see also > heavy-metal-detoxification).
If you are interested in this therapy and/or have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. An individual consultation can help you determine if Glutathione IV Therapy is appropriate for your specific situation.
=> Contact | => Appointments
We hope this patient information has given you a helpful overview of Glutathione IV Therapy and are happy to answer any further questions you may have.
Stay healthy and informed!
Dr. Stefan Rohrer
More articles on the topic of infusion therapy:
– Vitamin C High-Dose Therapy – Procedure & Advantages
– Alpha Lipoic Acid IV Therapy: a secret tip for your health
Interesting link on the topic:
– Specialist information of the IMD Laboratory Berlin: Glutathione (GSH) Intracellular detection in immune cells